Topform is a long-established company with a tradition of excellence. It enjoys a large market share and a great reputation for quality products at reasonable prices. We are also a very progressive company with systems and procedures. Our strategies are borne out of managing our position within the market backed up by a scientific approach to research and development.
This managerial role is an exciting new position. The ideal candidate will have to be a quick-thinking problem solver with a savviness for costs, excellent leadership skills, and will have to be results focussed. This will be a dynamic, fast-paced, and rewarding opportunity for the successful applicant.
- Manage all aspects of our Production facility.
- Maintain a high level of accountability to the Production Department to achieve on time, on budget, and high-quality work.
- Plan, organise and manage works schedules daily.
- Gain an understanding of each machine and product and their capabilities.
- Be responsible for customers’ product satisfaction.
- Propose improvements to the workflow of the Production Area to maximise output and minimise waste of time and cost.
- Identify and devise a plan of correction for recurring problems related to Production.
- Provide technical input to resolve process problems and complex compliance issues.
- Ensure that safety standards are maintained. Supports departmental safety projects.
- Manage all HR issues within the production team including annual leave, sickness, and grievances.
- Works closely with staff to develop and manage individual and team goals and objectives.
- Interfaces with other departments, such as Sales, Customer Service, Product Development, Quality Control.
- Minimise waste of material and time by introducing efficient processes.
- Escalate immediately the issues that cannot be solved at Operations Manager level.
- Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies, schedules, procedures, and programs.
- Develop high level Schedules, detailed production plans, and material requirements.
- Reviews, and/or approves Standard Operating Procedures, specifications, regulatory filing, or other controlled documents as needed.
- Leads and implements continuous improvement initiatives. Instil a mind-set of continuous improvement & responsibility in the Production Team.
- Ensure working standards are respected in Production Area (safety, work instructions, quality, and respect of the product).
- Ensure the highest level of safety in all operations is carried out and ensure compliance regarding PPE for all employees.
- Ensure all members of Production Team are cross trained in all positions to ensure maximum flexibility.
- Hold and lead daily, weekly & monthly production meetings and organise delegation.
- Manage both the maintenance and repair of machinery & equipment.
- This position will come with KPIs, goals and targets and it will be your responsibility to analyse them and report on them to management on a regular basis.
- Contribute to successful new projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with particular attention paid to influencing and motivational skills.
- IT skills – ability to learn IT packages and move with new technologies introduced. Knowledge of ERP systems would be an advantage but is not necessary.
- Very proficient and comfortable using MS Excel.
- Reliable person who strives to achieve excellence.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
- Confident communication skills – written & verbal.
- A high degree of efficiency and accuracy while working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
Job Terms and Conditions
As a leading company, we are looking for the best people. A very attractive salary will be paid based on experience and capability. Check out Irish Jobs to Apply – Factory Manager